I am an assistant researcher at the Beijing Institute of Mathematical Sciences and Applications. My research focuses on quantum and classical theories of gravity, conformal field theories, and their relationship via the AdS/CFT correspondence.
I'm interested in using (conformal) field theories to understand universal features of quantum gravity and holography. Some of the topics of my research include:
- non-AdS holography
- 3d gravity (boundary conditions, higher spins, etc)
- bootstrapping 2d (conformal) field theories
Currently I'm studying a class of solvable irrelevant deformations of 2d conformal field theories and their relationship to non-AdS holography. You can read more about it here and here.
- Spring 2021: Aspects of holography and irrelevant deformations
A full list of my publications can be found in: inSPIRE | arXiv.
- L. Apolo, H. Jiang, W. Song and Y. Zhong Swing surfaces and holographic entanglement beyond AdS/CFT [JHEP012 (2020) 064, 2006.10740]
- L. Apolo, S. Detournay and W. Song, TsT, TTbar and black strings [JHEP06 (2020) 109, 1911.12359]
- L. Apolo and W. Song, Strings on warped AdS3 via TJbar deformations [JHEP10 (2018) 165, 1806.10127]
- L. Apolo, Bounds on CFTs with W3 algebras and AdS3 higher spin theories [Phys. Rev. D96 (2017), 1705.10402]
- L. Apolo and M. Porrati, Free boundary conditions and the AdS3/CFT2 correspondence [JHEP1403 (2014) 116, 1401.1197]
A full version of my CV is available upon request.
- Assistant Researcher, Beijing Institute of Mathematical Sciences and applications, 2020 - present
- Postdoc, Tsinghua University, 2017 - 2020
- Postdoc, Stockholm University, 2014 - 2017
- Ph. D, New York University, 2014
- B.S., City College of New York, 2009
Yau Mathematical Sciences Center
Jing Zhai 317, Tsinghua University
Haidian District, Beijing 100084, China